1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Modern pentathlon becomes quadathlon

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Five events become four, as running and shooting are combined into one event ...

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sports/2008433644_apolymodernpentathlonformat.html

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It'd be cool to see a "Hogan's Alley" section, where the targets pop up and you may end up shooting a kid.

3. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

So which part of the discipline is pole dancing replacing?

5. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

Performance art, meta-fiction, symphonic minimalism, literary deconstruction, dadaism.

Post-modern pentathlon.

o-<

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Is it called Run Away From The Po-Po?

7. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Best/Weirdest part of the Modern pent. They are just given random horses and so that portion of the event is a total crapshoot depending on whether you get a good horse or not. This year it was hilarious to watch as numerous riders got thrown off by their horses.

8. RossLT

RossLT Guest

That made me laugh, really hard. It only is if you have to jump a fence at some point.

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

So like the steeplechase then?

10. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I believe it is the national sport of Turkey . . . or one of those countires of there. I'm pretty sure turkey though. I wonder how they feel about the contraction, if they view it as an introdution of the dh?

11. Bumppo (USA) maintains his lead into the home stretch, going for the gold.

[​IMG]

12. RossLT

RossLT Guest

So that is what they are training for??

Draft saved Draft deleted