1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Moddy is right

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Jun 7, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

He mentioned this last year and I'm not going to dredge up the thread.
    But cooking everything on the grill is so much easier -- especially in the summer.
    I've used the stovetop once in the last week -- tonight, because I wasn't going to grill spinach.
    CCleanup, taste, the house isn't 400 degrees...

done it eight nights in a row... see if I can keep doing it.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Someone call an ambulance! Anyone know CPR? Three words I never thought I'd see on here and I had no clue what this was going to be about but, yeah, I am right. About this (not much else).

You don't have a sideburner on your grill for the spinach?

Having a huge cookout with my son this weekend. Like me, the sumbitch can do some major-league eating. We have a butcher in his town who cuts us special T-bones.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yes he is. The Nats do suck.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

What kind of grill did you get...
    And yeah, we have a side burner, but I've never used it and forgot all about it... just put the pot on the stovetop on low and cooked it... Last time I used the oven was to cook a Costco pizza. While I dont remember the days, I remember I couldn't fit it on the oven rack.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And I thought they were the Gnats?

6. Moderator1

None yet. We'll be at the kid's joint.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It's Father's Day coming up.. if you can't find a deal on a grill, you aren't trying

8. Moderator1

I ain't my father. I assume they are looking hard.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

You know what pisses me off about my grill? The top grill attached to the grill lid rusted off its hinge last winter. I never knew how impossible it was to replace those.

But yeah. There's nothing quite like finishing your meat on the grill. :-X

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

And down the bowl this thread slides ...

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I just bought my dad a new burner and igniter thing for his grill. It's all he wanted for father's day, because he hasn't been able to cook out.

So, $75 later with shipping, he'll be cooking by father's day. Only wish I could be there for some of his garlic chicken. Mmmmmmmmmmm.

12. chazp

chazp Active Member

It's too hot to use the oven. Chicken Breats come out great on a grill. I do it all the time. Try this, leave one burner off and place the chicken breasts over it. Turn the other burner on low and shut the cover, slow cook for 1 hour+. They come out great.

Draft saved Draft deleted