1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MMQB

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Cousin Jeffrey, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Nothing special in here, just usual solid commentary mixed in with complete and utter nonsense. To whit (the nonsense, that is):

2. Indianapolis (5-0). "Honey,'' I imagine Mrs. Peyton saying to Mr. Peyton Manning, sitting in his favorite recliner around 1:30 on Sunday afternoon. "You promised we'd clean out the garage this afternoon. Honey? Honey!'' Said Mr. Manning: "In a minute, honey.'' In other words, I would be shocked if Peyton Manning did not have the games on and a clicker in his hand on his bye Sunday.

k. The Steelers shouldn't get all pissy when Troy Polamalu gets tackled by the hair, or by the hair and jersey, as he did by Larry Johnson. His hair is the size of Texas, for crying out loud.

f. I walked in on an episode of South Park one night last week. Perhaps the show's creators have gone slightly over the line. There was a graphic scene with a cartoon George Bush shooting some guy in the head. Now there's some quality American television. We ask why our kids have become desensitized to things like gun violence. Gee, I wonder why.

So much wrong with the last two statements, I don't know where to begin. Otherwise, he had some good stuff in here, as usual.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/10/16/mmqb/index.html

2. Franklin

Franklin Member

"Honey," I imagine Kenny Chesney saying to Peyton Manning...

3. Two "p's" in "crappola."?

4. murphy37

murphy37 New Member

What's the problem with what he said about Polamolu's hair? It's hanging outside his jersey, and the NFL said it's part of his uniform.

Why isn't his hair fair game?

5. somewriter

somewriter Member

Peyton was in Atlanta, watching his brother play.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

He's taken his duaghters out of the storyline, and frankly, it's just not as much fun for the readers (me, at least).

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Pretty creative way for him to turn his 10 things he thinks he thinks into about 30 things he thinks he thinks.

8. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

When his sub-letters under the numbers get to z., does he double-letter like rows in a stadium, or go to Roman numerals?

9. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

3. r. IV. For just smiling and enjoying your job, you can do a whole lot worse than Randy in Checkout 27 of the Montclair Kash 'n' Karry. I will say the cellphone-gabbing woman in front of me clearly had 11 items when it read "10 items or less."

Draft saved Draft deleted