1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MMQB

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Sep 25, 2006.

1. [​IMG]

2. To be fair to PK, I think the average football fan, after figuring out that Simms was going to be OK, was probably thinking "when does he come back?" It's a natural reaction.
    However, and maybe I'm wrong on this one, in this week's MMQB, he talks about the Coors Light commericals with Vermeil and Bill Walsh. He says he likes Walsh better. Which is OK if they were "acting", but it appears to me that they culled the footage from old press conferences and worked around the cutouts. Am I wrong on this one?

3. To steal a joke from someone else - Chris Simms probably used his spleen as often as Peter King used his penis.

4. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

evil, you want to donate your spleen? it's not exactly an appendix. yeah, who really needs help staving off infection anyway.

5. Leave him alone.
    He's found a new toy on the Internets.

6. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Blasphemy!

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Boom, you elitist pig. Stop picking on PK. He's the son of an iron worker!

8. Why don't you go start a few more threads that nobody has any interest in hippy.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I had the same reaction. I'm almost positive they were from old press conferences and I don't think he realized that.

Also, I didn't see the bit about Diane Simms calling PK in the column. Where did it come from? Is Boom just messing with everyone assuming it's so believable that everyone will buy it? The column hadn't even been posted this morning when Boom started the thread.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

LOL

Great work, Boom.

Even if it had been true, this wouldn't have cracked the Top 5 all-time PK-isms.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Moi ? I am insulted with your suggestion that I fabricated this story. All I know is that it was on MMQB when it hit web this AM. I think it proves that PK does read SJ. I bet it was taken down in attempt to make us look foolish.

Draft saved Draft deleted