1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MMQB

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jackie Treehorn, Sep 12, 2006.

1. I can't find Peter King's MMQB column anywhere.
    Anyone have the 411?

(And, yes, I know some folks don't care for him.)

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/09/10/mmqb.week1/index.html

3. Easy enough, eh?
    Don't know how I missed it.
    I used to always get it from Yahoo.
    Thanks.

4. There's a joke somewhere in the notion of "getting Peter King's column from Yahoo" but I'm not sure what it is.

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

The folks at SI.com couldn't spell Houyhnhnm, so they gave it to Yahoo instead?

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Found this gem in Tuesday am QB. Darren has to be an sj member. His question waqs in reference to PK writing about flying back on NBC jet.

DARREN SAYS I'M A HYPOCRITE. From Darren of Buffalo: "So let me get this straight. Hot-dog-eating contests are a disgusting display of wretched overindulgence by a horribly obese society, but 16 people unnecessarily flying on a private jet wasting a tanker of jet fuel and a grandiose buffet is deserved luxury? At least the seats were extra large to contain both your enormous girth and your rotund hypocrisy.''

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

If Darren is an SportsJournalists.commer, then I hope that if he's ever at one of those outings, I could buy him a beer simply for that gem.

8. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

This week has arguably the most newsworthy reference to the youth athletics scene in Montclair, N.J. ... major progress in that department, simply by keeping the nostalgia under 500 words.

9. Damn, Vingt-et-un, is there no end to your erudition?

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I don't know what was embarrassing--knowing the reference, checking its spelling, or actually posting it.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

You two need to get some tea and crumpets and take this someplace else...

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Wasn't that from Ring Lardner's Gullible's Travels?

Draft saved Draft deleted