1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB.TV auto-renewal

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

They tried auto-renewing my subscription today.... at a 34-percent increase from last year, from 89.95 to 119.95.

A month ago I had told them I had no interest.... yet there was the e-mail today.

Maddening.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Re: MLB.TV swindlers

Ah, the old negative option.

Invented by the Book of the Month Club and used everywhere.

3. rube

rube Active Member

All screwing over aside ... how was the MLB.TV service anyhow? I've always been sort of curious.

4. cortez

cortez Member

I'm having to consider it also as Verizon does not offer Extra Innings. DirecTV is out as I live in the woods and wouldn't be able to receive a hi-def signal, they tell me

5. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I did the mlb.tv last season, but never again. I did it because Dish Network didn't offer Extra Innings and I had a contract with Dish until this month. After this month, I'm dumping Dish for Direct TV. I'll actually have both for a short time because of my Center Ice subscription with Dish.

6. rube

rube Active Member

So the general consensus here is that MLB.TV sucks then?

7. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

It's OK for what it is, but I'd rather watch a clear picture on the TV than watch games on a computer. I bought a converter box so that I could watch on my big color TV, but it just wasn't as clear as if I were watching the feed from a cable or satellite-dish profider. The only advantage was that I could use my subscription anywhere that I could get an Internet connection.

8. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

I had it last year and enjoyed it. I'll probably renew.

9. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

As someone who works on the road a lot and lives 100 miles away from his girlfriend (who I visit as much as possible), I love mlb.tv and highly recommend it. I get to watch all but a handful of Cubs games — live or tape-delayed, and sometimes in condensed versions where they remove everything between pitches. Great stuff. I can also watch multiple games at once. I recently watched some college games on there, too.

If I wasn't away from home so much, I'd get extra innings. But mlb.tv is the best option for me, and it's been great.

10. Cameron Frye

Cameron Frye Member

I don't know what level of service you had, but with the 800k stream on premium, I got a great picture hooking my laptop up to the TV. They bumped the stream up to 1.2mb this year, so I'm looking forward to that. Hopefully they've worked the bugs out of Mosaic, too, because that was mostly a disappointment.

11. ditto

12. What he said. On all counts except the gf living out of town.

Draft saved Draft deleted