1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB Thread Number 3, 2007

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, May 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I'll bite my tongue on the last part. Cox hasn't made any riskier moves in the postseason than Joe Torre. There but for the grace of god and Leyritz ... ::)

That said, Cox has always, always been pretty strict about sitting his starting infielders at least 5-10 games during the course of a season.

He'll let Andruw go every day, hell or high water. And Francoeur's got himself a nice string going the last two years.

But you'd be hard-pressed to find the last Braves infielder to play 160 games in a season. Probably have to go back to Pendleton.

(EDIT: Chipper played 160 games in 1998, the only time he's cracked that mark. Otherwise, you're looking at Pendleton and Blauser at 161 games each in '93 -- in the heat of the last truly great divisional pennant race. Giants won 103 games and didn't make the playoffs. What a wild, wild West race.)

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Hehe..I couldn't resist the post-season shot.

I know he has been sitting infielders a lot in recent seasons, but I thought part of that was the health issues with guys like Chipper and Marcus Giles. Sitting three times in 10 days just struck me as more than normal rest, though I can see why. It seems like they aren't 100 percent sold on Johnson just yet, among other things.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Char-lie Lie-brandt, clap, clap, clap-clap-clap.

I love you, buckdub, but I couldn't resist.

4. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Great job Barajas. Way to ole that one.

5. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

god:

[​IMG]

Leyritz:

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.