1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB Thread Number 3, 2007

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, May 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Did I just see that Captain Yankee grounded out with the bases loaded and his team down by 4 to end the game tonight? Tee hee.

Meanwhile, I think Paul Byrd was transported through time from 1914 with his windup. Christy Matthewson roots for him.

John Maine, wow, what a start.

Any better guesses now on how many games the Nationals win?

How has Charlie Manuel kept his job?

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Johnny Judas popped out as the tying run before Captain Yankee grounded out, of course Kei Igawa and Joe Torre's bullpen management shit the bed before that.

3. Flying Headbutt

If Damon had his beard he'd have cleared the bases with a double, maybe a triple. But I think it's still A-Rod's fault that Jeter grounded out.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Captain Fantastic not only grounded out with the bases loaded to end the game, that completed an 0-for-6 night.
    Imagine if that were A-Rod instead of Captain Fraud-tastic.

As for Charlie Manuel, what an ass.

Down 3-2, none on , two out, bottom of the eighth -- the shit for brains has Alfonseca intentionally walk Barry Balco. Five batters and one Alfonseca meltdown later, its 6-2 SF. And then the fucking shit for brains manager is yelling at Alfonseca in the dugout!

Why the fuck would anyone with half a fucking brain intentionally walk Balco Boy with two outs and nobody on? That is inviting a big inning when chances are the inning would be over if you just pitched to the steroid-inflated scumbag.

How does this fucking moron have a job?

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Exactly. AP and others would never blame Jeter or Damon in the lede like they did A-Rod the first week of the season in the same situation.

6. KP

KP Active Member

Jeter was the only player in the game not to get a hit.

7. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

George King of the Post is reporting that Carl Pavano will probably undergo Tommy John surgery soon. He will also become the first pitcher to have a simultaneous ligament/heart/testicular transplant in sports history. What's the over/under on how many days it takes Cashman to find an out in what could be the worst signing in baseball history?

I can't believe I've already given up on the season, and it's not even fuckin' Memorial Day yet. Someone pass me the Cuervo, I need to celebrate Cinco de Mayo (or in my case, Cinco de Worko) early and hard.

8. Flying Headbutt

Damn, this is only the third thread and we're already getting re-run comments?

9. RokSki

RokSki New Member

What happened in that game? That was like a weird football score

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

What happened was that neither the Yankees or Mariners had any pitching.

11. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Nice. I just saw that the NYY gave up 20 hits.

12. casty33

casty33 Active Member

First, headbutt, thanks for starting the No. 3 thread, the No. 2 was getting far too long ... and messy. (Sorry about that).

Second, once again, I must repeat that headbutt was the only one of us who didn't laugh when the Mets acquired John Maine. I shrugged it off, the rest of you considered it a waste. But headbutt said the guy had ability. And boy, does he ever?

Why are people giving George King credit for reporting that Carl Pavano will undergo surgery? Sure, George had it but so did every other beat reporter.

John Smoltz continues to amaze. You've got to like the guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.