1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB season delayed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Regan MacNeil, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Nah. He went to Wabash College in 1952, got fired in 1958, then coached at Faber from 1958-63.

2. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Had to resign from Faber after punching this guy out in the cafeteria one day

Animal house Belushi.jpg

Deskgrunt50 and HanSenSE like this.
  3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I get that they want to throw LA a bone for losing the All Star Game, but there’s a helluva decent chance that won’t be a neutral site.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

A neutral site World Series would be a joke, despite what Boras wants. Hell, he wants the WS to end Dec. 26. Get out of here.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

All MLB teams, like all NFL teams, are ordered by their leagues to demand -- and get -- utter scheduling authority for their stadiums. Whatever else is going on at MLB ballparks, if the home team wants the field, they get it.
    So, between 3 SoCal franchises, one in Arizona and two in Texas -- plus five more domes -- I'd guess they could find a neutral field if they want it.

6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Hold it at the new Rangers retractable-roof ballpark. That is guaranteed to be a neutral site.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'm curious what the players feel about it, particularly those in the cooler climates. Playing in NY, Minnesota or Chicago near Thanksgiving could be a miserable experience for players AND fans.

I think fans in the Northeast would happily travel to Miami to follow their team, but not so much L.A. Not sure about fans in the Upper Midwest.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Baseball hasn't cared about the fans for 30 years.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Make that 150.

MileHigh likes this.
  10. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If you are looking for some baseball and haven't seen it - or want to watch it again, I highly recommend No No, the Dock Ellis documentary. Ellis was an interesting dude, but the clips of '70s baseball, the former teammates, the music, the clips from that Little League video called Dugout advocating kids not take drugs (while featuring Bo Belinsky) - make it so much more.
    It's available for free this week on Starz.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Crash Davis's first name was Lawrence?

Draft saved Draft deleted