1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB Playoffs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Angola!, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I know it is too early to start a thread on this, but since the Yankees and Mets have already clinched I figured it would be OK.
    I have a couple of questions for the board:
    1. Who has TV rights to the first round?
    2. Will ESPN's Monday Night football play into what gets shown on ESPN?
    3. Why are four first-round games scheduled for Saturday? I know there is the possibility that mutliple series will be over, but are they actually going to show all four games or will it be like a couple of years ago where playoff baseball will be relegated to Fox Family?
    Thanks.
    Oh, and here are my predicitions:

AL
    Yankees over Tigers (wild card)*
    Athletics over Twins
    Yankees over Athletics

NL
    Dodgers over Mets
    Cardinals over Padres (wild card)*
    Dodgers over Cardinals

WS
    Yankees over Dodgers in six.

Note: *subject to change based on actual Wild Cards.

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

A's vs. Mets in the World Series. A's win in 6

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

While I strongly disagree with your prediction, do you know who has TV rights to the first round?

4. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I'm glad we disagree. I think Fox would have to be the ones with first-round games, but I wonder if they'd utilize FX too with so many games to cover in said round.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I am glad too, because it makes it sweeter if and when the Yankees bother to win another first-round series and ALCS and World Series.
    I hope it is FX because when it was Fox Family it was terrible because no cable providers in my area had that channel.
    Thanks for the input Claws.

6. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Yankees over Padres

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Padres? No one, including me, wants a repeat of the 1998 World Series. And isn't it really, really late in Florida? Or maybe you aren't there anymore. Nevermind.

8. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

If the Phillies get in, I will slot them in instead of the Pads. And that would be a great matchup, filled with area ricalry and storylines.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Wow, so you are saying no matter who it is, the Padres or Phillies, they will win the NL? I am not a big believer in the Mets, but the only team I see beating them is the Dodgers. Otherwise, the pitching isn't there and even if the pitching is there with San Diego, I can't see Mike "the biggest accomplishment in my career and possibly the history of baseball: My four home run game" Cameron being a deciding factor in leading a team to the World Series. Though the man does play a goddamn fine center field.

10. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Despite Hamels' overall blah ERA, there is no better starting 1-2 punch than Myers-Hamels in the NL.

Not Penny-Billingsley, not Carpenter-whoever, not-softball-tossing Pedro and softball-tossing Glavine.

It ain't close.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I hate Pedro with a passion, but he could easily change a postseason series in a hurry. Also, if David Wells continues to pitch well, then Chris R. Young and Wells could be a formidable duo in the NL.

12. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Peavy's the 1...

Padres ain't close to that Phils 1-2.

Draft saved Draft deleted