1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB Pitcher Joe Kennedy Dead

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mayfly, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3124303

I didn't find this anywhere on the main S & N page. This is really a shame.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Damn. When I first moved to Denver nearly four years ago, Joe and his wife were living in the same complex I was in, near Coors Field. I met him a couple of times and ran into his wife Jami a lot when we were walking our dogs. Both extremely nice. Damn.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

"Major-league pitcher Joe Kennedy has died, ESPN's Jerry Crasnick has learned." ::)

Can't even resist a name-drop when someone dies? Seriously?

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

This is crazy. They said he passed out, took him to the hospital and he died.

6. Stay classy, WWL

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I thought the exact same thing... But if you know ESPN and you know Crasnick, you shouldn't be surprised...

Because we all want the scoop when someone dies... Shameless...

8. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

"ESPN's Lucy Mercer has learned that FDR has a terrific headache..." [/WWIIL]

9. Jerry Crasnick

Jerry Crasnick New Member

You know, I understand that gratuitous ESPN-bashing is a form of sport on this board. And I honestly don't feel it's worth responding to people who are as malicious and mean-spirited as a lot of the writers who post here. But when people start taking anonymous shots at me and suggesting that I used Joe Kennedy's death for the purpose of self-aggrandizement, you might want to at least get your facts straight.

Here's the link to my ESPN.com story today on Joe Kennedy's death. The attribution here is no different than what appears on AP or Foxsports or any other news outlet that did original reporting on this story.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3124303

I don't know how this was phrased on television. Are the people here so cynical and small-minded to think that I'd call in to Bristol and make sure I get credit for this?

And whoever "Mizzougrad'' is, feel free to climb out from under your veil of anonymity (or whatever rock you live under) and give me a call. My name is in the commissioner's book, so you know where to find me.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I don't recall blaming you in my post, Jerry. But what I posted was a pretty accurate paraphrase of what was on the ticker.

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Should I start getting popcorn ready now, or wait a while?

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Jerry Crasnick is one of the best baseball writers out there...

License to Deal is one of the most criminally underrated baseball books of the last decade...

But I stand by what I said about Crasnick...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.