1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB.com buyouts

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by HanSenSE, Dec 24, 2020.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I disagree. It was a fun show where players could show some personality. I’d rather watch that then Brian Kenny geeking out over WAR or Russo screaming at the camera about the Mets and Yankees.

2. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

They don't *have* to do anything. They're still making money hand over fist. MLBAM prints cash, even in 2020. It's just the most miserly of leagues being miserly for shit's sake at Christmastime.

sgreenwell and wicked like this.
  3. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

I can take or leave Intentional Talk, but I agree with this. Brian Kenny seems like a really nice guy who is turning into the Skip Bayless of nerd talk--hot takes for the sake of hot takes. And how does Russo still have a show?

4. Russo is entertaining. Just like Stephen A. Smith. And Intentional Talk, too.

If you don’t like those guys, fine. You certainly aren’t alone. But the majority of sports fans find them entertaining, at least. I find Russo’s show on MDSR on Sirius XM to be a great listen, especially for baseball fans. Intentional Talk’s interviews with baseball players are fun. The analysis isn’t all that great, but it makes for good background noise.

5. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

I grew up with Mike & the Mad Dog, so Russo will always be a radio legend to me. I just don't get the point of the TV show. It always feels sort of rushed and half-assed to me. I'm sort of surprised they gave him the show. Sure, he's an icon in the tri-state area, but I don't think the XM show gives him the national profile necessary for a show like that. (Of course, someone obviously thinks different)

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Majority? My ass. More like the Moral Majority, which was neither.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Wow, the Mouse riding off into the sunset.

9. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Good for Gurnick finally retiring. We were roomies in Vero Beach in his rookie season of 1982 (my second year).

maumann and MileHigh like this.
  10. nickp

nickp Active Member

Still hard to believe Chris Rose won’t be on Intentional Talk anymore!

11. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

The final indignity of 2020. The year so many veteran sports writers have finally had enough and are saying goodbye to the disgusting media conglomerates in droves.

Writer likes this.
  12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I worked with Chris Rose on Best Damned Sports Show and have subsequently listed him among the top five folks to work with in the biz. If there’s any karma left in the world, he’ll land a better gig.

Draft saved Draft deleted