1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2022: The Long and Winding Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Mar 18, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

micropolitan guy and Batman like this.
  2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I’ve been a big fan from the start but this combined with the motorcycle injury (wrist) just makes me rethink it. It really is idiotic, why? Just plain stupidity. And as a son of a MLB’er it’s not like he’s some kid from the barrio who doesn’t have help.

3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Watching the Royals-Dodgers highlights looks like an intra-squad.

The talent disparity looks like a big league team vs. a single-A squad.

FileNotFound likes this.
  4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Stephen Piscotty must have watched a 2022 A's highlight reel between innings.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I’m wondering if the announcement is timed to his imminent return. If he was going to miss this time by injury anyway, could they delay the imposition of the punishment so that it really causes him to miss games he would have played? Is there a provision in the CBA that says you can’t get credit for time served while on IL?

6. tapintoamerica

Agree on the talent disparity.
    Dodgers are awesome. They are almost under the radar because of Judge/NYY. Their past 11 games have resulted in wins by 2 or more runs. That’s the longest streak of its kind by anybody since the 2002 A’s (15 straight) and the longest by an NL team since the 1996 Pirates (11.) If they win tonight, they’ll have the longest such streak by an NL team in 100 years.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

They have even battled through some injuries to do it. They got 12 starts out of Walker Buehler, and many of them weren't good, due to a strained forearm. They haven't gotten any from Dustin May yet, but he could be back in a week.

8. tapintoamerica

And their Adj ERA+ is on pace to be the best by anybody in a full season since the 1909 Cubs.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

This with the possibility of getting May, Kershaw, and Buehler back at some point before the postseason.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  10. tapintoamerica

Fangraphs says the Mariners will be no better — and in fact slightly worse — over the remaining 48 games (.536) than they have been through the first 114 games (.544) even though 34 of their final 48 games are against teams currently 10 or more games under the .500 mark. I find this odd. To say the least

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I think that's Bolt, not Piscotty.

Batman likes this.
  12. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted