1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2018 regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Yeah, they built "boxes" up there. Since the heyday of the 1990s Indians — with the exception of the playoffs — those seats had become a ghost town.

I don't know why they painted them beige, though. Green would've made so much more sense.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I think the thing that's most bothersome about him as a broadcaster is the same thing always bothered people about him as a player - he seems too polished and prepared every time he opens his mouth. He told a 3-minute story about Forbes' valuations of the Yankees and Red Sox franchises as if anybody watching gave a damn. It's like he read a story about them in Forbes, jotted down some notes and decided to shoehorn the story into the show the second he had some dead air and nothing game-related to speak about. He and Mendoza spent the entire inning yammering about franchise values and what is was like when A-Rod met John Henry and had dinner at each others' homes.

Nothing he says comes across as genuine, and he always manages to tie whatever point he's making back to himself. He also has a case of the Grudens and lavishes praise on every single player/manager/owner he speaks about.

Will he get better? Honestly, I doubt it. This is who he's always been. I don't think he can learn to be funny. I don't think he can learn to sound genuine when he says "Red Sox Nation" 10 times in an inning.

Pedro Martinez is far more insightful and interesting on MLB Network. And I fucking hated Pedro.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

No. But going from 5GB to 9 1/2 GB in 1 week is the cure for urinary retention.
    A 100 win season that results in a 1 game playoff may be an anomaly but it sure causes increased anxiety

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Jesus, that looks like shit. The article where I found this picture calls them "shipping containers". I can't think of any description more accurate.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Yes, it is very ugly. Especially in person.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Are they similar to the party decks they built at Coors Field?

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

lakefront likes this.
  8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

There were numerous reports Friday that fans couldn’t get through to order online or by phone at times during the day.

Knowing the A’s, it’s because they had a dial-up server connection and two phone operators.

10. DanOregon

Great trivia question if someone wants to buy you a beer. What team/stadium hosted the largest crowd to see an MLB game this season?

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Blue Jays in Montreal?

12. DanOregon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.