1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2018 regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

The funny part is Ley wrote that just as Bauer seems to have settled in and figured things out. He’s devastating right now.

2. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Ley's a fucking idiot, and the fact that former ESPNer Megan Greenwell is now the editor... She should know this shit is dumb. Deadspin should do a story on why she got fucking binned in Bristol. That would get some hits.

3. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Cannot wait to read the pitching line of five-inning Jake, tomorrow, at about 6:22 a.m. of @Dick Whitman

4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Stat of the day, you decide if it’s fakakta: JT Realmuto has played 19 games versus the Dodgers and has at least one hit in each game

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Someone pass along to @typefitter that I agree with him.

Deadspin is an embarrassment.

6. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

So if you’ve never reported a story (even if true) you can’t be critical of one? Seems like the lamest of the lame “you don’t play the game” objections.

Also, Bauer himself seems to disagree with your assessment.

YankeeFan likes this.
  7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I don’t know about the spectrum thing, but Deadspin’s specific type of criticism is most often lazy and juvenile.

FileNotFound likes this.
  8. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Also wondering: Why would the White Sox start a game at 4:10 local time, like they did on Tuesday? Was there something before or after the game at G-Rated Field?

It worked out well for the pitchers, as the ball went from sunlight to shadows in the early innings.

9. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

A Tale of Two Dongs ...

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

LOL "Talk about someone gathering themselves and then hitting a ball 400 feet from home plate."

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

From the story: This is because he has managed to portray himself as someone who isn’t afraid to speak his mind, a trait that sportswriters constantly confuse for intelligence.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Where on the spectrum does a quote like this fall?

lakefront likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.