1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2014 season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Morosi tweets that it's those 4 only as of now. Like you said, way too light.

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Franklin projects as a solid ML infielder but Smyly is a meh pitcher for this kind of trade.
    They have already developed a few Smylys.

3. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Fine as long as they don't lose to Verlander and the Tigers in Game 5 of the division series.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Low-A SS Willy Adames also in the deal (from Detroit to Tampa). Too early to tell, but I guess the Rays liked him.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

And the Yankees snag Martin Prado.

6. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

As usual, the Braves doing bupkis at the deadline. Maybe they can hold my interest another three weeks until football season starts.

And yes, I knew about the deal with the Cubs.

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

At first glance, trade looks good for Seattle.

Austin Jackson immediately becomes the Mariners second-best hitter, and Nick Franklin was behind Cano, Brad Miller and even Chris Taylor among the team's middle infielders.

With three solid starters, a couple promising young starters and a solid bullpen, Seattle has the pitching ... just needs to score a few more runs and they're in the playoff mix.

Earlier today, the M's also added Chris Denorfia to their collection of semi-washed up veterans.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

But the Yankees and Red Sox would never wheel because rivalry! Although they dealt in '97.

Yankees FB page: Yankees acquire INF Martin Prado from D-backs, SS Stephen Drew and cash from Red Sox in two separate deals: http://atmlb.com/1AEtghZ

And how Armas begot Pedro.

9. 3_Octave_Fart

Incredible Denorfia even had a trade market.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I'd wager heavily, not, though it's not as if I hold the guy in contempt. His record includes multiple marked high notes.

11. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

jackson's not a better hitter than seager.

12. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Neither one were earth-shatter trades but surprised the Tribe got as quality of prospects as they did for Masterson and Asdrubal, considering one was rocking a 5-something ERA and one seems a shell of his former self.

Draft saved Draft deleted