1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2007 Thread #2

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Apr 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Fair enough. I always thought he had the perfect job.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Joe Jackson is breaking Bucky and Jerome in two.

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Oh, I do too. ... I just wish they'd give it to someone else.

4. Songbird

BTW, still awaiting an answer to my grand slam question ...

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Ahh, I thought that got cleared up when Rollins took his hit streak into the 2006 season opener. (And by the way, David Wright is 0-for-3 tonight but he has his own 26-game hitting streak going right now.)

All consecutive-games streaks are just that: consecutive games, regardless of season. Otherwise, Lou Gehrig's streak would have stopped at 154. And Ripken's would have been 162.

Consecutive games played is under the same rules as consecutive games with a hit. No difference.

6. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

How much do ya think ESPN's paying Dusty to be in the booth? I was surprised when I saw he was back this year. But then again, I thought he might end up back with the Giants before they got Bochy....He's one of the better booth guys, though. And he's an upgrade on BBTN over Tino.....he was aweful!

7. Songbird

We New Englandahs are watching on NESN; blacked out on ESPN. I'd rather listen to Rem-Dog. Dude is my second-favorite behind Scully and Ross Porter (though I've been gone from LA 15 years ... is Porter still doing Dodger games?).

8. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Only a double this time. A-Rod's really slackening off.

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Still waiting on an answer from the home-run guru ...

I'm at work, so I don't have the program to sort through the 1,500 players with exactly one career home run to their credit.

10. Songbird

That's cool, bucko. I'm awake for several more hours. It was one of those thoughts that came into my head during a track meet today.

11. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Wouldn't it be some crazy ass shit if A-Rod broke Bonds' record and stole all the attention away from Bonds catching Aaron's record? :D

12. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Yeah, but wouldn't the attention to Aaron's record carry on throughout the year? And I'm pretty sure that if A-Rod continues to go like this, people would still be talking about the possiblity of him breaking the record during June and July.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.