1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 08: The Show glitch?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ostentatious, Apr 18, 2008.

1. ostentatious

ostentatious Member

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this glitch on MLB 08: The Show for PS2.

You are up to bat and go to warm up a reliever. You enter the bullpen, select a reliever, who starts warming up, click triangle to exit the bullpen and a screen pops up telling you that you need to sub (insert name here) reliever. Only problem is, that reliever plays for the other team and you can't sub him out. ???

So essentially, you can't ever get out of the bullpen and are forced to restart the game. It happened to me off and on the 07 game, but it is the second time in as many days that it has happened to me in the 08 version. :'( Today I was in the bottom of the eighth inning with a 4-1 lead over the Dodgers. Ryan Braun and Wilson Betemit had hit home runs for me...Sheets had eight strikeouts. Gagne was going to get a cheap-o three-run save. It was going to be glorious. :mad:

Has anyone experienced this glitch? Know a way around it (outside of making my cheap ass by a PS3 or XBox 360)?

2. I've never had that problem on PS2. The only glitch I've seen is when the first baseman will "throw it around the horn" and when it throws it to the shorstop it flies right through him into the outfield. Did that in '07 and '08.

3. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

I've had it happen once.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Hasn't happened on my PS3.

The only problem I have with it is when you're playing Road To The Show, your player can't be a DH for an AL team.

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Yes, and I'm glad somebody brought this up. Far as I know there's not shit you can do about it but just start over. It's a glitch.

This game is the kind you think of during REM sleep and wake up thinking about. It is the crack cocaine of my soul.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yes. Every free moment that's not spent with my girlfriend or with a PBR is spent playing The Show. Sad, really.

7. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

The Show is a great game, but I think it got worse this year. I've never experienced the particular glitch you've talked about, but the fielding is atrocious. There are times where an infielder will run to the ball and just not put his glove down or an outfielder will be standing right on the dot for a fly ball and not put his glove up. 07 was definitely a better game.

8. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

The not putting the glove up is infuriating. I've found if you just don't stop running and push up on the right analog stick you have a better chance.

The opposing infield defense is too damn good sometimes. They make these ridiculous backhanded stops and no matter what angle their body is at, they make a perfect throw to first. Every time.

However, if you sky a pop up in the infield behind the mound, the catcher will inexplicably call everyone off but will miss about half the time. Cheapest double in the world.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Same thing happens in MLB 2K8 after a batter is walked. The screen will cut to the batter walking down the first-base line, the catcher will throw the ball back to the pitcher and the ball sails into center field. Nothing happens, though, because the next cut scene is of the catcher getting the ball back to the pitcher without overthrowing him.

10. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Wait, are you saying Sheets pitched eight innings? Without getting hurt? Seems to me that's a glitch, also.

11. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I still play Triple Play 2001. I LOVE that game.

12. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

I hit a 700-foot home run with Sammy Sosa in the Home Run Derby. He had unreal power in that game.

Draft saved Draft deleted