1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MJS raised pimp hand to Whitlock.

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by old_tony, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

IIRC, Michael Hunt was "bumped up" (hi slappy ;) ) to columnist from the Bucks beat when Michael Baumann left for MLB.com. And then Dale Hofmann retired, leaving another vacancy ... I believe the columnist opening was frozen after a brief search.

Just trying to gauge when this exchange between Garry and Whitlock happened. Also, D. Orlando Ledbetter left sometime around 1998 or 99, I believe. Don't remember if his spot was filled ...

2. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

LMAO!!!!!

Whitlock is sooooo unnecessary.

3. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I'd guess Whitlock and Pos make close to the same amount. IDK for sure, though.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I didn't mean to turn this into a "who makes what" thread, but a friend in KC told me he doesn't know exactly what Whitlock makes, but said it's considerably more than Pos...

I'll bet it's the same way at other places where the more controversial guy (Simers, Mariotti etc...) makes more than the more refined better writer (Plaschke, Telander...)

Draft saved Draft deleted