1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mitch's Necropalooza

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Nov 17, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I wouldn't give you a buffalo nickel for "how well you writer" that post.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

So NO ONE is overpaid? NO ONE is underpaid?

People are ripping Mitch here because, as noted by people far more talented than I--line forms to the left--this column is another example of his appealing to the masses via the cheapest yanking of the heartstrings he can muster. It's all he does anymore. This reads like surface deep pap he forgot as soon as he shut the computer off. He's writing this crap because it's easy and he knows nothing will get fans goinig more on the day of THE BIG GAME than some Bo stuff. He knows his audience, sure, but there's something very cynical in the way he goes about it.

You're a Simpsons fan, right? Mitch is like Bart when he gets the "Bart's People" segment of the newscast. "I wish they could ALL be Bart's people, mom, I really do." He doesn't believe what he's writing or saying, and those in the business can see right thru his phony-ass schtick. Just because he makes gobs of money doing it doesn't make him immune to critcism, nor does it mean those who criticize him are doing it out of petty jealousy.

Along those lines, I bet Mitch has a meeting every November with his editors:

Mitch: I just think our veterans deserve a little recognition.
    Editor: That's what Veteran's Day is for, Mitch.
    Mitch: But is that really enough to honor our brave soldiers?
    Editor: Eh, heh, heh...they also have Memorial Day.
    Mitch: Oh, Editor, maybe you're right, maybe you're wrong! The important thing is, veterans deserve a day to honor them!
    Editor: [through clenched teeth] They have two!
    Mitch: Well maybe they should have three. I'm Mitch Albom.

3. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

So because Jackie Collins gets a bigger advance than Toni Morrison, Collins is the better writer? Because Tom Clancy gets a bigger advance than Philip Roth, Clancy's the better writer?

How well you "writer" has little to do with the pay rate.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I implore you all to go into your boss' office and tell him how much better you are than Mitch Albom and that you deserve a huge raise.

It's obvious we're among the cream of the crop here.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

What's honest-to-goodness-laugh-out-loud funny is that you are, and you wouldn't know the difference if it clubbed you over the head with an illustrated edition of Remembrance of Things Past.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Tony's motto: "I always wanted to be a writer. Now I ARE one"

7. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

I like the way old_tony writers. You should writer more posts in this thread.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

It's a theory not without its merits, though.

It means, for instance, that I'm a better writer than J.D. Salinger.

I, for one, have been telling people that for years.

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

So, based on this theory, Britney Spears and Michael Jackson are such incredible musicians that everyone else should just quit trying.

Yeah ... OK. ::)

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Posts like this are why I gladly send you a reminder email for the poll... it's worth it...

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You've got that masturbation thing down pat just like in his fav novel too...

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Indeed, that was stellar work.

Draft saved Draft deleted