1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mitch

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Thinking Man, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Thinking Man

Thinking Man Member

So I'm driving into work this morning and listening to Mike and Mike in the Morning and they bring in Mitch Albom to talk about the Tigers and the Series (which is funny enough in and of its self). But then "Greenie" starts talking and addresses him as "Mitch Al-BOMB" ... not once, but about four times. I almost had to pull over to the side of the road. I'm surprised the little fella didn't correct him on the spot.

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

ESPN is still waiting to see if the other person who listens to Mike & Mike complains.

3. Thinking Man

Thinking Man Member

Good point, Goalmouth. But the morning radio choices here in Detroit are pretty slim ... dumb and dumber or Mike and Mike.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Would much rather listen to Drew and Mike than Mike and Mike... Greenberg is annoying, feels he has to overexplain everything...

5. tommyp

tommyp Member

I think a Sirius radio should be in your future.

6. Mike Greenberg is absolutely the smartest, funniest person in his mirror every morning.

7. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Mike and Mike are OK, but I'd rather watch Imus.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Losers has one O, dummy.

10. Chef

Chef Active Member

Greenberg is a smarmy little douchenugget, and Golic is so braindead from getting his teeth kicked in every sunday...

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'd say XM.

But really, as long as you get satellite, you're safe from such no-win choices as this.

12. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Couldn't say it any better than that. Besides, he thinks he's good - looking, too. He looks like Chris Kataan's brother, but with 'ghoulishly - large' eyes. Biggest difference between Greenberg and Golic is Golic knows what he is, Greenberg doesn't. Like I said in another thread, Golic makes that show (I'm a former radio guy myself). If Greenberg did that show himself, he'd be off the air in 6 months max. But Greenberg probably thinks it's the other way around, and he's carrying Golic. That's what's so sad.

Don't have a lot of experience with the school, but do all of McGill's products have a big of a stick up their butts as Greenberg and Wilbon? It's really wearying. Wilbon's weekly WaPo chats are just structured name - dropping and PTI - teasing sessions. Notwithstanding he's been totally mealy - mouthed on Scoop v. Whitlock, which has been brought to his attention by chatters in repeated weeks. Reminds me of Jordan and his old "Republicans buy sneakers, too" comment. Man, I miss Wiley.

Draft saved Draft deleted