1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mitch Albom taking ideas for another wussy book

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Oct 4, 2006.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Mitch Albom, the longtime ‘Detroit Free Press’ columnist and national sports media personality, announced today that he is taking ideas from the public for another wussy book to follow on the heels of his bestsellers “Tuesdays With Morrie” and “The Five People You Meet In Heaven.”
    “My first book was about the tender relationships I had with a former college professor who was dying and how it gave me insights into my own failings. My latest is a work of fiction where an old man goes to heaven and learns about his life from his friends and family,” said Albom. “But I’m pretty much out of ideas for another sap-filled book and want to hear any ideas that my readers have.”
    Albom said he definitely wants his next effort to be as sickeningly sentimental as the previous ones, and hopes to further alienate anyone who enjoys sports. “My one idea is to write something about a talking butterfly who spreads love and joy to all those it comes in contact with,” said Albom. “The other idea I’m kicking around is a book called ‘Turn That Frown Upside Down,’ but that’s all I have – just the title. But I think cotton candy would probably be a major character in it. And if anybody out there has ideas for books that are even more sappy than these, I’d definitely like to hear them.”
    Albom said he can be contacted via mail at the ‘Detroit Free Press’ with correspondence sent to the attention of “Wuss Book Ideas c/o Mitch Albom.”

http://www.sportspickle.com/archives/volume3/2004-0623.html

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

How about ministering to sick kittens? That should fly off the shelves.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

A how-to book on better haircuts to cover up a severe case of cauliflower ears.

4. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

The five people you meet on SportsJournalists.com

d_b
    bandwagon boy
    Sandy
    boots
    [name withheld for fear it would shut down the board]

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I might actually read that for the boots chapter.

6. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

It would be in the back of the book.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

:eek:

8. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

as long as its not "scratch and sniff"..

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Anything after that jumps the shark...

10. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Once you look at those things it's hard to take your eyes off them because they're so damn big.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

He stole his first two ideas from already published novels all by himself, so why not involve the public this time?

12. You got me, 'yab.
    I absolutely thought the premise of this thread was real.

Draft saved Draft deleted