1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mississippi hoops coach arrested

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

The first cop is a complete dickhead throughout, and for no good reason that I can see. Not exactly a shining moment for the Cincy PD.

2. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

That "We don't have to tell you why we're arresting you" bullshit is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I know it's the law, but it's absolute horseshit.

Forget where it was, but some woman got arrested because her kid was truant from school. Cops showed up at her house, told her there was a warrant for her arrest and arrested her. Wouldn't tell her why. That's a stupid fucking law and it needs to be changed.

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

A couple of years ago, the Bengals had nine players arrested on various charges in a one-year span.
    Kennedy's attorney Mike Allen said the video would help his defense. "It shows that Coach Kennedy was compliant with the officer; he was polite and cooperative."
    Kennedy, who isn't getting any at home says, "This thing has taken on a life of its own and I've got to focus on a task at hand."

4. Unless I missed a memo from the Nine Wise Souls, you can ask to see the warrant which, in most cases, should explain the charges.

5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I think AK wins the PR battle in this one.

That first cop in the video was going far above and beyond a level of maintaining 'control' of the situation. Kennedy did not present any signs of immediate or looming danger for the officer. He was calm about his situation but, I think, the officer was overly belligerent. (And, I'm usually very pro-law enforcement).

AK should get a slap on the wrist and told not to do it again. Best of all, he should avoid playing ANY games in the Queen City from here on out.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Especially since he has the build of a famine victim.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

But can still hit the trey...

8. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

That's the CPD for you.

I'd actually be more shocked if the cop wasn't being a dick.

9. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

10. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Kennedy to plead guilty to lesser charge.
    http://tinyurl.com/cs7toh

11. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

link didn't work

12. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

For those scoring at home I would say this is about a draw. It's a pretty good plea for AK; it says to me there was no way the DA could even get the assault 2nd claim past judgment as a matter of law and to a jury. On the other hand, they get to save face and claim they did nothing wrong. Same goes for AK -- he can no longer proclaim 100% pure innocence.

Draft saved Draft deleted