1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mission Accomplished !

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I think that is your mission and you are about to be successful. Congrats.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

As the Marines leave Iraq, could they please tidy up as they depart and not leave secret files laying around?

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/15/world/middleeast/united-states-marines-haditha-interviews-found-in-iraq-junkyard.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Funny to see a thread with this title today, because over dinner my wife was commenting on how fantastic Obama's speech at Ft. Bragg was, and she said, "he didn't need to bother with a stupid banner!"

Just another campaign promise President Obama has delivered upon.

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

DTGDTN!!!

5. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Sincerely sorry to hear that Boom.

6. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Green Grass and High Tides Forever.

7. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Good on Obama for following through on this, but is this not just following through on status of forces agreement signed by W in the last days of his presidency? Not like this is all Obama on this one.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Very sorry for your loss, Boom.

I read the stories about striking the flag in Baghdad and wonder how many bases and private security contractors we leave behind. I wonder how many decades it'll take to reckon the cost of our adventure in Iraq.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Tax dollars that kill people are OK. Ones that saves lives on our own soil are wasted.

At least that is the way it seems certain people think.

10. Clambake Clem

Clambake Clem Member

Obama\'s speech was solid. I do think he should have given credit to those that were in favor of the surge. He could have really gained a lot of fence-sitters if he would have explained how he is happy he initially underestimated the need for the surge because it would have shut down the narrative that he can never admit when he is wrong about anything. It was a great opportunity for him to squelch this line of thinking. Now the GOP is out there talking about how he is taking credit for something he was against. Why give them a talking point? It would have done nothing but help his reelection bid.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Yes. The surge. After only four years, thousands of lives and several trillion additional dollars, it brings a swift end to a war we never should have started.

12. printdust

printdust New Member

Mission accomplished? Did we really win the war?

Oh wait, was that only asked during the Bush years?

Draft saved Draft deleted