1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mission Accomplished!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

http://www.virtualnes.com/

2. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I still have Contra Force (the second one) lying around somewhere for my old nintendo (which still works after some gentle bashing). I don't think Dubya could handle it.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Wouldn't ya like to be a Contra, too?

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

UNO

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Once again, good news for us, bad news to Fenian. Why does that always seem to be the case?

6. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

That is why. Getting rid of Al Qaeda is a good thing, but how much of a victory is it philosophical roots that make Al Qaeda grow are not being dealt with? Think of it like the Hydra in Greek mythology: cut off one head, more grow in its place until Hercules fought smarter.

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

That's only if you accept Beaker's premise, which I don't. If you do accept it, then the only smart thing to do, it would appear, is to lay down and die for the terrorists.

8. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

There has to be more to combating an enemy than "kill them all." There has to be a plan to keep from creating new enemies, while battling those existing. Example: World War II. The US didn't just drop bombs on the Japanese and Germans without plans on winning the hearts and minds of the citizens. But it also didn't "lay down and die" for them. You can do both. If you don't take that into consideration, you're just percipitating the mindset that creates Nazis, or terrorists in modern times.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Catch of the day: Cod.

Draft saved Draft deleted