1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Miss California versus Gay Blogger Perez Hilton On Gay Marriage

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BNWriter, Apr 21, 2009.

1. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Please, clearly he's retired from the French navy, circa 1832

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

It's so strange that the same people who claim to champion "tolerance" and "free speech" are the first ones to go anal when someone expresses an opinion contrary to their own.

I'm proud of Prejean. She stood up for her beliefs rather than cop some middle-of-the-road, pc crap of an answer.

And in the process, millions of straight, single men applauded, knowing there are still a few hotties out there who aren't taken.

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I've got a C-word for you — Canadian!
    I heard something about Miss California on the news this morning, but I wasn't paying any attention and then I started getting ready for work and turned the teevee off.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Are you speaking of board posters? Because I saw a lot more bashing of Perez Hilton and beauty contests in general, than Miss California for her answer.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

You know, I could have said favourite flavour of yogourt. :D

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Hmmmm, excellent point. Very astute.

7. I, too, respect ignorance because it is not politically correct.

8. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Perez Hilton was a beauty-show judge? Isn't he the guy who draws pictures of dicks going into celebrities' mouths, with you-know-what dripping down their faces?

Jesus, Mary & Joseph.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Perez Hilton (slightly NSFW pic) is an idiot, but I would consider him more a first-class blogger, in terms of popularity. He's still an idiot.

Did these girls know ahead of time that the questions were going to be current event ones? Miss California was far from the only one who didn't sound very informed.

10. If Flavor Flav was not a judge I don't see how the pageant can be considered relevant.
    FRAUD!

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Um, maybe it has to do with the good-looking women :D

12. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

That's a low blow -- I loved Mo Rocca.

Draft saved Draft deleted