1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Miserable...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rosie, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I want to call in sick today. I haven't in the almost two years I've been at my current gig, but today, I sure would like to.

*Warning, Rosie's whining, so if you don't want to read, or you will feel the need to be a smart-ass, just go read something else. Thank you.*

I woke up with a sore throat and fuzzy-feeling head. That was about four hours ago and while coffee and a hot shower helped, it wasn't much. I have a bazillion things to do at work today, and while yes, I know they would manage, it would be a rather undue hardship on everyone if I don't show up.

Plus, I have an event and a council meeting to cover today. :(

No fever, just shaky and bleah.

Besides 7-up, chicken noodle soup and tylenol, any tried-and-true ideas to help me make it through today?

*miserable, whining, pouting*

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Seriously, call in sick. There's no point in exposing yourself to a bunch of people. They will manage. Take one day off completely to rest and maybe you'll feel better.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

If you're determined to get out of the house, switch to Advil (Tylenol will mask your sore throat but Advil is an anti-inflammatory). Lots of water, maybe some fresh OJ if your stomach isn't bothering you, or a banana or dry cereal. 7-up does nothing for you.

Feel better soon....there's so much junk going around. Do you think you get enough rest? I sort of recall you weren't feeling well a couple of weeks ago, maybe you're just run down? God, I sound like my mother, I think I'll go kill myself now.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed. Sounds like you need rest as much as anything and most likely you are contagious.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Take a nap. Drink juice.
    Read a book. Take a nap.
    And instead of chicken noodle soup, try Picante Chicken ramen noodles. You only eat chicken soup for the noodles anyway and these will help clear the sinuses... oh, and cut up carrots to put in...
    Then nap.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

If you have a Pho place anywhere nearby, give it a shot. Talk about clearing your sinuses...that'll do the trick for sure. Won't be the only thing it'll clean, either. :)

Pho is perfect for hangovers and honest sickness. And general hunger, too.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"Before I take questions, I'd like to send my thoughts and prayers to my number one fan. I hope you feel better, Rosie!"

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Go sweat it out. Or at least sweat hard for an hour.

9. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Go see the Doc. That's what I did yesterday. I'm starting to turn around slowly.

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

Way to go, Bubs. Word is Rosie is now in intensive care after an apoplectic seizure.

Just kidding, Rosie.....I hope you're feeling better. And if you're feeling like this tomorrow, take it off too.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Take the day off from work. Consume three Tecates with lime and seven ounces of Wild Turkey.
    No need to call me in the morning. You'll feel better.

12. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

I thought this was a sequel to the engaged thread

Draft saved Draft deleted