1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Miscarriage

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Splendid Splinter, Oct 24, 2020.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss. At times I do hate “fate”, what we can’t control. I am wishing you two the best going forward. I get the sense you guys will be wonderful parents.

Splendid Splinter likes this.
  2. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone. I enjoy this crazy community, because deep down, I believe almost everyone here has a big heart. Like I mentioned above, I am not looking for sympathy, I am looking for a place to write a few words. We haven't told anyone about this because both times she was about 8-9 weeks in when we found out the news and we wanted to wait til at least three months. So it's tough in that regard. I, at least have a place where I can somewhat talk about it which is nice. Again, from the bottom of my heart - thank you.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Be sure she has someone to talk to about it if she chooses. Not you. Some other someone. A woman. A therapist. A friend. Her mom. Her sister. Her aunt. Doesn't matter.

Do your best.

4. Splendid Splinter

Yes - I have tried talking to her about it, and we have somewhat, but I did find out that there are much better people than me that she can speak, cry, discuss her feelings about this.

Regards

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

It's often hard for partners to talk about loss.

Hang in there. I send love.

6. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I’m so sorry. My wife had a miscarriage in March of this year. We felt lucky it was early, her first real checkup so 6-8 weeks but it was still really damn hard.

We just kept reminding ourselves it was her body’s natural response to something having gone wrong.

One takeaway that seems only reenforced here: it was really striking how many other women told us they’d had one. Felt like a majority of women had, and most more than one.

We had made the mistake of telling at least our parents. We’d even started the process of selling our small condo and buying a house. And the pandemic was just starting and is this the world’s stupidest time to be buying and selling real estate? We’re about to go bankrupt, right? I’ve never been more stressed as I was as that all unfolded.

She’s now pregnant again, 7 months along, but those first appointments were terrible and nerve racking. We’re still on edge about the whole thing. And hey, the real estate ended up working out fine we’re not bankrupt yet.

So sorry again you’re dealing with this. Once was heartbreaking. I can’t imagine twice. Stay strong.

7. Splendid Splinter

Thanks for sharing your story. I am so happy for you. Well wishes and happy holidays to you and your wife.

Best,

Splendid

Pilot likes this.
  8. Splendid Splinter

A little update. We are having twins. My fiancée is 12 weeks, and five days. Both babies are healthy. We are both extremely happy.

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Congrats. Fingers are crossed for you and yours.

10. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

That's awesome news. Same as @wicked, keeping all of you in our prayers and hoping for the best.

11. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I hit the “Like” button twice, once for each of them. Wish I could hit it a thousand times more. Best to all y’all.

12. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Super congrats.

Draft saved Draft deleted