1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Minneapolis sj... find me a restaurant

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Sep 24, 2008.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

The short version is in early November by parents are celebrating their 50th anniversary.
    Because of the ongoing situation with my sister, the idiot, and her control-freak husband -- just back in town after a stint on the lam to avoid bill collectors and the Vatican -- my mother has decided she doesn't want a party.
    So she wants to go out to dinner as a family, as best the family can be.
    In talking with my sister-in-law tonight, she suggested Manny's (I looked at the menu... my flight won't cost that much) or the Dakota (Not bad, but not a big menu) or Blue Pointe in Wayzata (have been there before, just doesn't seem like an anniversary place).
    Are there any other suggestions out there?

OTOH, the weekend I'm there is also the weekend that Michigan is at Minnesota, so I can finally take Ms. Slappy to a Michigan game...

2. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Slap, would you consider input from St. Paul SportsJournalists.com? [/rosie pouting because her hometown was slighted again]

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I would... parents live in Minnetonka tho...

4. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Well, duh, what about Lord Fletcher's?

5. The Granny

The Granny Guest

There's a KFC at 12499 Central Ave Ne

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Perhaps... Might have over looked that...

and no KFC... would consider the White Castle on Hwy 7 in Hopkins, tho...

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Rosie's right. St. Paul > Minneapolis.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

won't argue that... parents are closer to M than SP...

9. pallister

pallister Guest

There's a really cool 24-hour diner in downtown St. Paul.

10. joe

joe Active Member

Nye's Polonaise. Even though it's the house specialty, take it from me: Don't let the folks order the jumbo martini.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

1990.. standing up in a wedding of my middle brother's best friend .. bridal party ended up at Nye's... finished at White Castle... kept drinking the next day and were making vodka-squirt in the back vestibule in church.
    1997... my other brother gets married in the same church... has the Major Domo or whatever she's called who handle the arrangements in the church tell us that if we drink,he's walking...
    I blamed it all on Nye's and the old lady at the piano.

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

roadfood.com, baby

Draft saved Draft deleted