1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Milwaukee flooding

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by IllMil, Jul 22, 2010.

1. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

Lived here for a long time and never seen anything quite like this. The city is getting pounded by rain and storms. Basements all over town are flooded, and this picture is from very close to my apartment.

http://www.jsonline.com/

One of the busiest intersections on the East side and the street has collapsed with a car inside it. Usually get some flooding every year but this is crazy.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Just talked to a friend of mine who lives up there. His basement and stuff was destroyed by the last floods, so he's been furiously moving things out. He said it's been like 7 inches of rain in two hours or something insane.

Good luck to all up there.

3. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

I live no more than 20 miles south of Milwaukee. So far nothing here, but most of the crap is north of town. Am supposed to fly out in the morning. Hope my flight doesn't get canceled and that the storms aren't too bad.

4. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

These pics are from Whitefish Bay near my parents' house in the suburbs. And it is STILL pouring out here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Based on my Facebook posts, I'd conservatively estimate that half of my friends (and my sister) have flooded basements.

6. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Having a good (dry) thought for friends in MKE. What a mess.

7. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

My favorite pic from last night.

http://twitpic.com/27poaj

Yep, that's an Escalade in a sinkhole.

8. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Airport closed until at least noon.

Draft saved Draft deleted