1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Military experience = presidential loser??

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spinning27, Jul 17, 2008.

1. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

I totally agree with that. Of course are they really Democrats? Seriously, look at their voting records? Look at where they stand on the key issues. Despite being cast aside as a traitor, Joe Lieberman is a true Democrat. 90-plus percent of those Democrats elected last time around are not Joe Lieberman. So be happy all you want that there are more congressmen with a "D" next to their names, but I'll take comfort in knowing that they are moderate to conservative in nature despite not having today's scarlet letter of "R" sewn on their shirts.

As for the S-P movement, and yes I stole it from your buddy Bill O, it stands for secular-progressive. And despite the fact that I actually fall partially into this movement on some social matters, I do still feel I am a traditionalist at heart.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Red, I'm not even going to try to descramble that pile of words.

Suffice it to say, you have no idea what being a Democrat means if you subscribe to political ideology as preached by Bill O'Reilly.

3. RedSmithClone

I never said I was a Democrat, nor will I ever understand the thinking your group has on certain issues.
    The real question remains, in knocking O'Reilly do you or have you ever watched a full episode of the show to form an opinion? Or do you just go on the Daily Kos or Huff Post to read what their writers say? The man is obviously conservative, but the message you and others try to put out there is not the whole truth. I actually watch Keith O, Chris "shivers up my leg" Matthews and many others. I take it all in, from what I actually hear them say, not what others say to be true.

I agree with all three on certain issues and I disagree with all three on certain issues. But unlike you my decision is informed, not based on ignorance and ideology.

But thanks for playing.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I watched O'Reilly every night for two years. My roommate loved him.

The man's a hack and a blowhard and anyone who goes around spouting his useless terminology is a foof or a moron.

5. RedSmithClone

Serious question: Are you a liberal?

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Yes.

Serious question: Do you enjoy looking foolish?

7. RedSmithClone

Sorry I meant to phrase that do you consider yourself liberal?

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Out with the punchline, Red.

I have other people to mock today, you know.

9. RedSmithClone

No punchline. I think it is a serious situation when somebody considers themselves liberal, but isn't open-minded to other ideas. I understand you disagree with most if not all conservative viewpoints, but to be a hatemonger because you disagree instead of being open to discussion is sad.

I feel for you. I really do.

10. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Concern trolls are so cute.

11. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

When we say "secular-progressive," we're talking about folks like Thomas Jefferson, right?

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Which is, of course, ridiculous. In the first place, Bill O'Reilly doesn't have any ideas. He yells at people on television for a living. In the second place, all things aren't created equal. I'm not open to all ideas, or ways of thought, and I don't treat them all equally. To suggest that I should is prima facie absurd.

And if Bill O'Reilly ever had an idea that wasn't a re-hash of some kind of half-ass fucking Archie Bunker impersonation, I'd weight it slightly below the average bum yelling on a streetcorner.

So you can take your concern and cram it with a loofah.

Draft saved Draft deleted