1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Military account of Tillman death 'utter fiction', says Pat's brother

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by goalmouth, Apr 24, 2007.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Pastor -- No actually, what I said was to say the president lied about this is a stretch because we're not sure what information he actually had. Then fenian and the rest of the Bush-hating society chimed in with the nonsense about passing the buck and my response was simple -- presidents pass the buck, that's what they do.

Of course, the Bush-hating society have now attempted to find ways to bullshit Bill Clinton's way out of the fact that he was the king, the best buck-passing, lying, rationalizing politician of our lifetime. He took that to another level -- and to argue otherwise is just denying reality.

What is funny to me about the Clinton-lovers society is many of the groups who would gladly take a bullet to preserve his "legacy" -- which as time marches on will become less and less as historians begin to take an actual look at what he actually accomplished -- are the groups whose "protections" he was as responsible for unwinding as any republican could have dreamed up, whether it be welfare reform, affirmative action programs, a number of human and women's rights issues -- had Ronald Reagan precided over many of the same policies Clinton willfully embraced and initiatives he signed into law, the Fenian's of this world would be labeling a "bigot who attacked our civil liberties and reversed years of progress to take us back to the dark ages....." That doesn't even get into his propensity to sexually harrass and/or rape women (or at the very least misuse his power to get a hummer from fat chicks)......

Yet, because he was pro-choice and gave lip service to the homosexuals and a democrat who finally won, he's looked at as this hero of civil rights and he's given a pass for his real attitude towards women, which is evident by his actions. What a joke.

George W. Bush is no more or no less of a liar, a cover-up artist and a fraud than Bill Clinton.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

And once again, you offer no evidence of your assertion.

3. The answer on specifics would appear to be, "Clinton got a blowjob." And some fandango about welfare reform that I think I might actually agree with, but that has utterly nothing to do with "buckpassing" or the issue of lying about a KIA to promote your lies about a war.
    Thank you for playing. This argument is now dead, but not mysteriously.

4. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Clinton didn't do much for homosexuals. He tried to put in that stupid "Defense of Marriage" shit.

The reality is, Bush spoke out with a lie. Nobody received any punishment for it. So, either he new it was a lie when he said it or he doesn't care about being lied to. Honestly, I'm not sure which one is worse.

5. zagoshe

Here.....you want specifics...

http://www.greaterthings.com/News/Clinton_Scandals/index.html#Chinagate

I know, I know right-wing propaganda, all of it.....LOL

6. zagoshe

Or -- he is trying to get to the bottom of WHO actually did the lying before heads start to roll.

Nah, that can't be it.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Oh, zagoshe, seriously.

The "Clinton's a murderer" people? Really?

You can't pretend to rational discussion and then link to that.

8. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Nothing this president has done would give any indication that he's trying to "get to the bottom" of anything. When has he ever fired anyone for bad information?

Zag, you receive the "right winger" label because you are giving Bush the benefit of the doubt while simultaneously taking vague shots at Clinton regarding Vince Foster. If you were honest about not being aligned with any party, you might start by being fair.

9. zagoshe

I'm not giving Bush the benefit of the doubt, nor do I think that Vince Foster was killed by Clinton or his wife.......(now who they hired to do it is a different subject ;D)

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

so is that your intuition? guess? hope? assumption?

is there some kind of factual basis? did he call the hearings? have the tillmans to the pentagon? vow to get to the bottom of it? apologize to all the families who have been lied to and stonewalled?

anything?

nice to see that you at least believe in the innate goodness in some people, i guess.

Draft saved Draft deleted