1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Military account of Tillman death 'utter fiction', says Pat's brother

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by goalmouth, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

But Fen, those big pictures help a real real lot.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

OK. So this happened. Not necessarily Bush's fault.

So why not make an example and get rid of some of the generals and officers who perpetrated this BS, tried to fool the American people, cover their own asses and get some good PR to boot.

It's contemptible.

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I'm sure head's will roll over this. But in America, there is a process of investigation that must go on and that process is going on right now.

And Fenian -- Nobody is saying every administration is exactly the same, but they all have some very similar characteristics when it comes to covering their own ass.....or do you already forget your hero Slick Willy spending eight years pleading the fifth, catching convenient and well-timed cases of apparent Altzheimer's Disease when he couldn't quite remember important details of touchy subjects and allowing many of his buddies to take the blame and rot in jail -- or end up mysteriously dead.....or like when he promised the troops would be out of Bosnia "by Christmas" and then explaining how he was misquoted when they were still there six months later....

I know, I know, it is different. It just is. He was a liberal which means deep down he really cares more.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

What?

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Did we just have a Vince Foster moment in that post?

6. zagoshe

Just a reminder to some of the more delusional lefties in these threads that there have been few politicians in American history who were as good at passing the buck as Slick Willy.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Yeah, stating that unnamed people ended up "mysteriously dead" is a productive debating technique.

Nothing mysterious about the people who end up dead on W's watch, however.

8. zagoshe

Once again, I don't give a shit about Bush or his policies or his party.

My point is simple -- all presidents have to pass the buck to some degree and that means democrats just as much as republicans. So to act like this administration passing the buck makes it unique is silly because the last administration was excellent at doing the same thing and they were from the other side of the aisle.

But some of you are so blinded by your hatred of all things Bush that your credibility lacks when it comes to these discussions because you can't see past that hatred.

9. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Actually, the buck passing began with you Zag. You are the one the excused the president's lie by saying it was someone else's fault. So, I'm not sure why you are so angry about previous presidents.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Of course, you offer no honest parallels, but rather some debunked talking-point garbage.

I can see why you don't want to get into specifics. So can everyone else.

Your first argument was that Bush didn't lie. Confronted on that, you switched your argument.

Cynicism is not criticism. You can't just say "they all do it" and throw up your hands.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Do people really hate Bush?

Aren't they more embarrassed by the fact that a guy who can barely string a coherent sentence together and has never been able to hold a real job in his life is President of the most powerful nation on earth? And that Daddy's guys have led him around by the nose?

Folks, he's not called Fredo for nothing.

12. "when he couldn't quite remember important details of touchy subjects and allowing many of his buddies to take the blame and rot in jail -- or end up mysteriously dead.....or like when he promised the troops would be out of Bosnia "by Christmas" and then explaining how he was misquoted when they were still there six months later...."

Boy, some specifics on this pile of swill would be delightful indeed. "Mysteriously dead"?
    Wow.
    How many American soldiers died in Bosnia, by the way? Are we still there? Did that administration make up details about Milosevic and his arsenal?
    You were doing a lot better when this was about all adminstrations being the same.

Draft saved Draft deleted