1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mileage Rates

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Your Huckleberry, May 29, 2007.

1. Just wondered what mileage rates were like out there, what the high end is and what the low end is. I'll go first.

My shop pays 30 cents a mile. Not good, but not especially bad either. Problem is, it hasn't moved in almost a decade.

2. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

31 cents. Ours fluctuates based on gas prices, but not like they should. Gas has skyrocketed in my part of the country and our mileage has gone up .02

3. Colton

Colton Active Member

*sigh*... 20 cents per, AND they're bitching we submit too much.

Fucking cheap CNHI bastards... may they all be analy intruded by a bayonet.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

5. Cadet

Cadet Guest

$0.33 per mile, although gas is $3.45 in my corner of BFE.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I think ours is at about 37 cents.

7. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

$0.52 CAN per mile - or $0.33 CAN per kilometre.

8. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

$0.27/mile ... and nothing less than the word of Yahweh himself will change it.

9. Meat Loaf

Meat Loaf Guest

$0.28 and will probably rise this summer. In my area, gas shot up over 40 cents recently, and the newsroom is refusing to leave the county. I guess the glass office figured it was time for change. At least some extra change.

10. Our rate is .21 a mile. It is bumped up a little bit when gas prices increase. It hasn't changed since in the time I've been here, which is going on nine years.

11. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

12. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

26 cents.

My last paper, 20 cents the whole 4 1/2 years i was there. I think theyr'e up to 23 now.

Draft saved Draft deleted