1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mike Vaccaro Interview

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Apr 10, 2007.

1. Nice work by the Big Lead

http://thebiglead.com/?p=2091#more-2091

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

The Big Lead is nothing until it does one of those w/Cowherd.

3. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

Seems unlikely, but we will try.
    Would you settle for Amanda?

4. TheSportsPredictor

How about Imus?

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

vac may be the best combo of talent/person i've come across in 27 years of sportswriting. he's simply the greatest. just wish he'd be working for a better rag. 8)

6. TheSportsPredictor

Just finished reading that, very good stuff.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Holy Christ, that exchange with Steve Phillips just made Vaccaro my new hero.

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Great interview. Wow, talk about sticking perfectly-measured, even-keeled daggers into Mike Lupica.

9. This was an awesome interview. Loved the questions and answers. Well done by the questioner and Mike.

I enjoyed reading it.

10. My favorite part:

My pal, George King, he was the best. After Game Four, he turned to me and said, “Ah, you’re fine.” After game Five he turned to me and said, “Ah, you’re still good.” After Game Six he turned to me and said, “Ah, you may have some troubles.” As for Game Seven, he didn’t wait for the end. Before Kevin Brown ever threw a pitch he turned to me and said, “Ah, you’re f***ed.”

I laughed out loud!

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Great interview and great candor. There is not a better sports columnist currently in the NY market.

Draft saved Draft deleted