1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mike Singletary and his pants

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Jim Halpert, Oct 30, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

I enjoy bashing ESPN as much as anyone here, but I don't see what the big deal is here. The story appeared elsewhere long before it popped up on the ticker.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20081030/SPORTS/810300242/1340/SPORTS?Title=Mike_found_a_unique_way_to_get_the_49ers__attention

I'm sure dozens of two- or three-day old stories pop up on the ticker every day. This one at least has an entertaining hook. And it'll be forgotten by tomorrow.

2. I Digress

I Digress Guest

I think life would be so much more interesting if all sorts of business folk did their jobs like coaches did.... scroll on ESPN... While at a meeting for shareholders of GM, assistant general manager Cindy Lou Who stood up and dropped her pants while chairperson Lee I'madonta charted company losses. Who was flagged for a flagrant foul and sent to the penalty box. No word on how much league offices will fine her.

3. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

They didn't say that John Clayton confirmed it?

4. jps

jps Active Member

got a text message. from peter king, probably. he probably got it from brett, so you know it's good.

5. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Mike Singletary needs a reality television show.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Where's the news here? Wlat does this every Friday night at the local Denny's.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=tx49erssingletary&prov=st&type=lgns

Interesting journey for Singletary from his antics that day to getting the permanent job for the 49ers. Well, as permanent as head coaching jobs can get in the NFL.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Mike Martz presumably to be whacked seconds later.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Martz will not be back.

10. Nor will his pants.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

They could have used Martz' pants as a sail on the Mayflower.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

From your lips to the pointy satanic ears of Al Davis.

Draft saved Draft deleted