1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mike Shula is Out at Alabama

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by footballworld, Nov 27, 2006.

1. I love unnamed sources. Or just "sources". Such a credible way to present information.

ps: Mike Price is laughing. He's so much better than Shula, and didn't deserve to be fired. At all.

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

And, Dave Shula's steakhouse travel requirements get cut in half.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

So who gets this job? Do they have to go with an Alabama guy?

4. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

No, Alabama. You can't have the Ballcoach.

Not Yours.

5. Can Alabama get Ricardo Rodriguez from Western Virginia?

6. Why would anyone want the job? The expectations and scrutiny are off the charts.

7. leo1

leo1 Active Member

good question, chris_l. but i think if you're an assistant and you have the chance to be a head guy - even in a seemingly impossible situation with crushing expectations - you take it.

8. An assistant taking the job is one thing but the Alabama boosters will want a Spurrier or other big name coach.

9. leo1

leo1 Active Member

ok, well, then you take the job if you're a Big Name because they offer you $2.2 million a year for an eight year contract with a $5-6 million buyout if you fail. or something like those terms. i know shula got much less but no one claims he was a big name.

i'm saying no way spurrier takes it. he doesn't want to work that hard any more. that's just my impression of him.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Given Crooms is only in his first year in the SEC, but will the Tide give him a look? Or -- I'm asking this question seriously, not tossing bait on the barby -- will the climate in T-Town not allow Bama to hire a black coach?

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Western Virginia, that's a new one... I'm sure a minority hire would sit really well with the locals in Tuscaloosa... Rodriguez is a great coach, there's no question about that.

12. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Um, I think this was Crooms' third year, at least his second, at Miss State.

Draft saved Draft deleted