1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mike Lupica Biofile

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by mrbio, Apr 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

How would "Scoop Malinowski," who doesn't look as if he was out of high school 14-15 years ago, have gotten into the same press box as Jim Murray?

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That's not what I'm saying. I agree with you on calling BS on Murray doing an email interview in 1998. I was just saying that if someone approached him in a press box and asked for five minutes, he would give it to them, no matter who they are.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

OK, gotcha. We're like ships passing in the night on this.

4. mrbio

mrbio Member

I was fortunate to interview Jim Murray at the PGA in Westchester, think it was in 97 or 96.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

OK, can someone produce a Murray column he wrote from that event? :D

Just joking... :)

6. mrbio

mrbio Member

you know what, i dug into the archives last night and could not find the Jim Murray Biofile however I did find the b/w head shot he sent me when he got back home, still inside envelope. just in case you were doubting my word.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Oh, well if you have a head shot, that's good enough for me.

Do you remember what his first car was or who his childhood heros were?

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I swear when I saw this thread the title said blofile.

9. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

First of all, Scoop has been doing Biofile for a while now. We used it at my place for a bit.

Second, I think Scoop was doing it before there WERE blogs. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

Third, I've read a bunch of these, and edited a few, and have never had any reason to doubt their veracity.

Whatever you think of the feature and its value, I've never heard of a single complaint that they were anything but accurate and honest.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

There's nothing wrong with a Q&A like this.

It's the relentless self promotion that's annoying. And, if he had hung around for a while before spamming the board, he would have known that a Lupica biofile would result in the hounds being released.

11. mrbio

mrbio Member

Having done over 2,000 of these and sometimes over 20 a week, no I can't recall what he said on those two questions. But also found a photo of me and him together doing the interview, taken by his lovely wife. Can't believe I can't find the Jim Murray Biofile, though it will pop up. It has to.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Favorite Events To Cover: “The Final Four..

That's Mitch Albom's favorite event to NOT cover.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.