1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mike Leach or Bruce Pearl? (Moved From Anything Goes)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Mar 22, 2011.

?

Who gets a new gig first?

1. Bruce Pearl

43.5%
  2. Mike Leach

56.5%
  1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The Maryland one I still don't get. That was a perfect fit. Colorado was a pretty good fit too, but I think Colorado hasn't quite gotten the stink off its hands from Gary Barnett and was afraid to hire a HC with baggage. I don't think Miami ever really considered Leach.

If I'm an AD at a lower-tier school in a BCS conference hiring Leach would be a jackpot.

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Both radioactive, unemployable.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Leach will get hired first. I think that the lawsuit will need to be resolved or dropped, because no AD/University wants to get sued next and no one wants to be on the wrong side of their TV revenue. I don't think that the Adam James stuff will matter over time.

Pearl's problem is that his greatest skill -- recruiting -- is what he's in trouble for. And even though it is the rare coach who has been completely forthcoming with the NCAA, admitting that you lied and asked others to lie is a pretty tough hurdle to get by a hiring committee.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Maybe Leach will get the Ohio State job when Tressel gets beached.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think when Tressel is fired, almost certainly after this season, Urban Meyer will get the first call. Whether he takes the job, I would have no idea.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Makes sense. Likely one of Meyer's dream jobs.

Draft saved Draft deleted