1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mike Leach Gets XM Show

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Sep 9, 2010.

1. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Less cowbell, more common sense.

There might be an opening at Colorado. There won't be openings at Iowa State, Baylor or Kentucky unless one of those coaches move on ... which would be highly unlikely.

Also, don't think Leach's coo coo for Coca Puffs act will go over very well at a BCS school, particularly one in the South. Plus, is a school going to hire a coach that just sued his previous employer?

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think for every AD who thinks Leach got what he deserved, there's another who understands he got screwed by an AD who was bitter that he was shown up in contract negotiations and looking for any way to get rid of the guy.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

If West Virginia loses at Marshall, which it is doing right now in the second half, Leach could be working again by Monday.

4. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Holtz got back in the game through Minnesota and Leach could too, but it won't happen.

A_QB knows the deal at Minnesota and I'm kidding with him.

The Big Cigars who ran things at Minnesota and delivered Holtz are gone. If they were still in power I think they would go after someone like Leach.

Personally, I wouldn't mind Crazy Mike at Minnesota for a couple of years. He could raise the program profile and maybe win a couple of games. But the AD would never hire him.

The mistake Minnesota made after Holtz left was giving the gig to the defensive coordinator, who while a good coach, was not a HC. Any momentum Holtz created was wasted. And I am not a Holtz fan.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ohhh, you might THINK The Brotherhood is gone... but that's what they want you to think...

6. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

You mean they can trace my IP here in hotel hell?

Should I ignore the knocking on my door?

But a Candygram sounds good.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It's The Brotherhood. They know where you work, where you live and every one of your close, personal friends.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Sid knows all.

Draft saved Draft deleted