1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mike Huckabee is our next president

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oggiedoggie, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

That's a false approach to it and why this nation will go down. It's also a lot of why, I suspect, so much bitterness and anger toward Christianity exists in this room. They don't acknowledge the good and the basis for the good amongst an undercurrent of people in this country sincere about their faith and understanding why the "don'ts" are just as much a part of the mix as the "dos" and "don'ts" of growing up under parental authority.

2. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

I don't disagree with you, and I'm saying neglect one side of religious ethos, if religion is your stance. The problem though is half of the ethos <i>is</i> almost always ignored when it comes to political discussion pertaining to religion. You can't have one without the other, and it works both ways.

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

So let's just kill it all, eh? Not an option.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Legislating infringements on others' rights (the execution of which do YOU no specific harm) isn't an option, either.

Proceed, from there.

5. Yawn

Yawn New Member

OK. You win.

No limits. No infringement.

Just make sure you empty the prisons. They infringed on others' rights - the taking of human life, the robbing of human life, the right to earn a living via the drug trade. Various expressions that they had the right to express - they are just not educated enough to express it in a more politically correct way. Why hold that against them?

6. Rescued from drowning in an earlier thread, syntax throws herself under a train.

7. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Can't have it both ways. Fenian realizes that, which is why he naturally turns to personal insults.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

That was an insult, sure, but there was nothing personal about it. Personal would have involved insulting your lineage while poking fun at your abysmal grammar.

9. Can't have what both ways?
    Your previous sentence doesn't know what it's talking about.
    Who's "they"? The prisons? The inmates? The rights?

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

So saith the buses!

[​IMG]

11. printdust

printdust New Member

This is really, really childish guys. Can we grow up?

What's appealing about Huckabee is what makes red states and blue states and in some cases, colors that will never change.

I don't think Huckabee's Baptist background should necessarily force his "preferences" on all, but his "preferences" will be much more acceptable in a place like Little Rock, Arkansas, or Oklahoma City as opposed to San Francisco and perhaps should not be forced on the culture of San Francisco. And on the other hand, San Francisco's preferences should not be "forced" on the people of Little Rock or Oklahoma City. That all goes back to state's rights. You want federalism? Go for it, but keep me out of it.

12. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

That sounds good in theory, but remind me why someone should be less entitled to have the freedom to marry whoever they want, for example, because they choose to live in a place where it annoys more people. For the 700th time, allowing someone to do something is not the equivalent of forcing someone else to do the same thing. I don't know why people can't understand that.

Draft saved Draft deleted