1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

mike freeman's a scared...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shockey, Oct 6, 2006.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

for t.o. what a crock.

http://www.sportsline.com/columns/story/9709293

2. joe king

joe king Active Member

Yawn. It's a cliche. Asshole fans are everywhere. I seriously doubt we'll see any gunfire in the building Sunday.

By the way, why is that ``infamous courtroom'' in the old Vet such a big deal? I know there are other stadiums that have or had jails, police stations, etc. inside the facility.

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Because it was an easy column for lazy out-of-town writers. For about 20 years.

4. Grohl

Grohl Guest

Really? Where else? (I'm not asking to be a smartass; I'm genuinely curious.)

5. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure there's one at Reliant Stadium in Houston and at Raymond James in Tampa, among others.

6. Grohl

Grohl Guest

Wouldn't the Vet's court have begun operating before whatever they have at those two stadiums?

7. markvid

markvid Guest

Yeah, the Vet was first, long before anyone else did it.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I think there was one at Municipal Stadium, though I'm not sure.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

The old Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium had a full police precinct in the basement.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Why do you think Art Modell never came back to Cleveland for any Ravens games?

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Maybe because he's a gutless coward?

The battery boys will be out in force at the Linc, Sunday. Police had best wear helmets.

12. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

hell, the local 10,000-seat arena has been known to set up holding pens in the dressing room and put a judge down there to hear cases, so it's not that unusual

Draft saved Draft deleted