1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mike and The Mad Dog - After the Break Up.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Dec 17, 2008.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

The presence of Mike and the Mad Dog, separately, makes me realize that there is bad sports talk radio and good sports talk radio. And those two belong in the first category.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

As far as M &The MD - its clear that now that the sum was better than the individual parts.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

The sum wasn't that good.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Like most Tom Cruise movies . . . the quality was debatable, and I can live without them . . . but they generated an advertising-worthy audience in weekday afternoon drive. More power to them, for that.

5. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

can. not. stand. fat. boy. Don't have XM.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

ditto.

Fatcesa is pretty much unlistenable for more than 5 minutes at a time.

7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

So I'm driving back home a few weeks ago. Still in Greenwich, figured, what the heck, I'll listen to Francesa.

Some Steelers fan calls in. Starts going off on Mike, who at the time said the Jets were going to the Super Bowl. Guy says, "shhh," after Mike refused to let him get his word in edgewise.

"Don't tell me to shush on my own show!" Francesa goes off on a five-minute tangent on the guy, calling him an idiot and whatnot....just being a bore.

He is 10 times more unbearable since Russo left.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

In their own odd, perverse way, the duo controlled one another, to an extent.

That's all gone, now.

And it's clear that Fatso needs constant reminding to not be an utter boor; otherwise,
    he slips back into the role of Henry VIII, all too easily.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

It should just be called the I'm Mike Francesa And I'm Better Than You Show.

10. Boom_70

He now calls the show "Miked Up" which is almost the abridged version of BYH suggestion.

11. Boom_70

Half a year in I don't think Mad Dog show is going to make it unless they do a drastic makeover.

Its just too scattered. It has the quality of one of those middle of the night call in programs.

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Problem with satellite radio, there's absolutely no buzz generating excitement with the unconverted.

Draft saved Draft deleted