1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Migraines

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by kingcreole, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Depends. During some migraines, I can sleep.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/migraines/HE00004

2. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I think Versatile means popping an Advil + taking a nap = probably not a migraine.

But I will whore out my dog on any street corner in America for a drug that helps me sleep through a migraine. Waking up headache-free after an episode is the greatest feeling in the world.

3. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

In younger days, had a brother who suffered them. He would lie there with his hands on his head saying, "Oww . . . migraine . . . I have a migraine . . ." and another brother would walk around with his hands on his head saying, "I have a Your Oats . . . your oats . . ."

So hopefully your youngster doesn't have a particularly mean sibling.

Now I get sinus headaches so bad I can't even think straight. Probably also because I spend about 14 hours a day staring at a computer screen.

4. I wish I had tankless water heater. A hot shower is practically the only thing that helps dull the pain if I don't take Imitrex quick enough. Back before I was married, lived in an apartment where there was just one big boiler for the building. It was great.

5. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

That's the kind of shit my brother and I would have done to each other. The princess might snap if someone did something like that to her.

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I used to get sinus headaches that felt like someone hammering a roofing nail into my face. I think they were technically cluster headaches. I'd go for weeks or months without them, and then I'd get one or two a day for a few months. My wife did a little research and strongly suggested I stop drinking diet soda. I did -- and I haven't had one of those headaches since.

Draft saved Draft deleted