1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

microwave popcorn: satan's snack

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by writing irish, Sep 5, 2007.

1. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I've always loathed the stench of microwave popcorn. Now, it seems there's proof positive that the shit is poison:

http://health.yahoo.com/news/179052

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I hate hate hate hate hate microwave popcorn.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Microwave popcorn was good at first ... before it got too buttery.

4. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Nick Saban snacks on microwave popcorn?

Who knew?

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nice...

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Early microwave popcorn had that metallic aftertaste. I could never get past that.

And the smell is horrific.

Should have saved my old ass oil popper.

7. Yawn

Yawn New Member

This is bullshit.

"We cannot be sure that this patient's exposure to butter flavored microwave popcorn from daily heavy preparation has caused his lung disease," cautioned Dr. Cecile Rose. "However, we have no other plausible explanation."

and...

it was a "consumer who developed lung disease from the fumes of microwaving popcorn several times a day for years."

Reminds me of Carlin's joke that saliva causes stomach cancer, but only when swallowed in small portions over a long period of time.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I'm with Yawn. Bullshit on all of this. Every time something comes along I like, the food/drink police want to ban it. First it was movie popcorn. Now they're going after microwave, which is pretty damn good.
    Screw the whole Mother Hubbard/Nanny State/It Takes A Village Bunch of Assholes. F--ing busybodies.

9. chazp

chazp Active Member

There's a girl in our office who pops a white cheese popcorn in the microwave. I swear it makes the office smell like old socks! It can't be good for her.

10. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

Does anyone remember that mystery-colored popcorn? You'd put a nondescript bag in the microwave, nuke it, and open it to find out if you got red, purple, green, etc. Cree-pee.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You are right, hondo. Lung cancer is but a small price to pay for artificially-flavored butter-like coatings.

Let them eat popcorn in an iron lung!

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted