1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michigan still no. 2 in BCS standings

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Nov 19, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!!!!

2. Zeek

Zeek Member

That .007 lead won't hold up if USC beats ND and UCLA.

3. aspiring

aspiring Member

That's a HUGE if. ND should be able to win by 10.

4. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

SC will run their slow midwest asses right out of the Coliseum.

6. aspiring

aspiring Member

Smardja (I don't think that's spelled right, but you know who I mean) has an annoying way of getting open in the most opprotune times.

7. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Still No. 2, just as they will be at the end of the season, when they play and lose to OSU in the title game.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I wonder if this is enough, however, to keep them at number two if Notre Dame does beat USC.

If USC wins out, they should play Ohio State for the title. I wouldn't even mind if it was Florida or Arkansas. No way Notre Dame should go over a Michigan team it lost to by a wide margin.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Bingo, oop.

I've been saying that on about 12 different threads.

10. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

This is ridiculous, although SC will pass them if they win out. How can a sport that blathers so much about how important the regular season is then declare its biggest game completely moot?

People need to stop comparing this to UF-FSU in 96. In the current setup, that would have never happened. FSU and unbeaten Az State would have played for it all. Only Nebraska getting beat in the big 12 title game and Ohio State winning the Rose Bowl got UF in position for a title shot the next night. If the first doesn't happen they don't even make the game and without the second they're just plaing spoiler and serving the championship up for the Sun Devils. This is completely different - voters are intentionally saying "sure, they got their shot and lost, but why should anyone else get a chance?"

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The Sooners seem Cotton Bowl-bound, so I haven't paid that much BCS attention.

I've been working the math to see how Arkansas gets in and I don't see it happening. They'd have to absolutely throttle LSU and Florida. Then USC has to beat Notre Dame and turn around and lose to UCLA. Sounds simple, doesn't it? But even with all that, I don't know if that'll get the Hogs past Michigan.

12. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

As much as I'm thinking that OSU beat Michigan... bring on someone else, how sweet would it be to beat Michigan AGAIN? hehe...

Draft saved Draft deleted