1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michigan jumps USC

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pringle, Oct 22, 2006.

1. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Because I'll have to include ND, even though I don't want to, here's how I get around it.

It's now all the teams from before and the top two teams from the BCS rankings. That gives us eight teams, gives Notre Dame and conference losers a shot, and eliminates byes.

Postseason
    1 vs. 8: Big Ten champion (Ohio State) vs. ACC champion (GT/BC)
    2 vs. 7: Runner-up 1 (Michigan) vs. Big 12 champion (Texas)
    3 vs. 6: Pac-10 champion (Southern Cal) vs. Runner-up 2 (Florida)
    4 vs. 5: Big East champion (West Virginia) vs. SEC champion (Auburn)

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

So I guess you don't like the way the NCAA conducts its basketball tournament. Too many non-champions in that bracket.

3. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

I'll gladly endorse a basketball-style playoff ... as soon as football teams begin playing 40-game regular seasons.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I'd be assuming a big Texas win in the Big 12 title game, which might not happen at all. They'd be the longest shot of the possibilities. I don't see any way the BCS could bypass an undefeated BCS conference champion in favor of a one-loss team. They'd be pretty much forced to throw the Big East out of their cartel if they did that.

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Unlike that wild-eyed maniac Tressel. I heard he pulled the tassles off his loafers last week. ::)

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Thank you mustard. I was wondering the same damn thing. One of these years we're going to three or four undefeated teams (I'm sure, in the workings of the cosmos, there actually could be a season when schedules coincide just enough to allow it).

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

2004: USC, Auburn, Oklahoma.

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Mr. Gee
    You are on.
    xoxoxo
    Jay

Draft saved Draft deleted