1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michelle Obama tape rumors?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pulitzer Wannabe, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Neither for a blog. One has covered it for one of the big two papers for the past decade and the other has been on the beat for about six years at another well-respected paper.

2. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Thank you.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah, well go ahead and present it as true then, like your buddy mizzou. ::)

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The "Dems do it too" defense sure is losing some tread on the tires.

5. How's about this -- POLITICANS do it. It ain't beanbag, as someone once said. Plenty of tread left on that Goodyear.

I just take it as part of the landscape. But when someone goes off on the "Rovian" bullshit, as if the GOP only plays dirty tricks and the Dems only are simon pure, it just has to be pointed out.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Rove is just a whole lot better at it.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Democrats don't call war veterans who've had their legs amputated unpatriotic.

Democrats don't make a fuss over wearing a flag pin.

Democrats don't create a reason to go war, then repeat the phrase "Cut and Run" instead of having a logical discussion on why we are at war.

Democrats don't use Orange Alerts everytime there was some bad news about them.

These were all Rovian tactics, taken from Joe McCarthy.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I just want to say if Mizzou has used "unnamed sources" or "people say" or "the pulse is" in his copy nearly as often as he's used it on here, he should have been fired long ago.

Sweet Jesus. You've changed your position on this four times in this thread alone.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

He has cut down on ellipses, though. Baby steps, IJAG.

10. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

It simply stretches credibility to believe there is some secret, damning tape of Michelle Obama that has not been released yet with the amount of scrutiny and opposition research out there. Even if someone had the tape, keeping it under wraps until a time that benefitted the Republicans strategically would be impossible to pull off. If there's one tape, there's got to be copies.

The reality is, the fact that people are even talking about this rumor does enough damage to Obama that the Republicans can reach their objective of painting him as a scary black man without the tape ever coming out.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

If I'm Obama, I'd dare the Repubs to release the tape within 48 hours. If they don't, he can paint them as F'ing liars. If they do, at least the damage would be minimalized instead of after the convention.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't think that would work. You just can't trust Whitey.

Draft saved Draft deleted