1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michelle Beadle

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Alma, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Moments ago, I deleted two posts that said "threads like this are why this board has gone to shit." Well, one post that said it and another that quoted it. I apologize. I should not have done that. This thread has me a bit torn, frankly. When I saw the topic, I figured I would be deleting it quickly.

I have a couple of things to say:

*If you feel this board has turned to shit, why are you still here? I'll never understand that mentality. It's such a big ol' Internet, there are plenty of places to go that haven't, in your mind, turned to shit. Why waste one second on something that bothers you so much?

*That said, blaming the "board" for this thread/topic is flat-out wrong. Maybe why the perception of the media has turned to shit? This is a topic that is being written about and discussed at a site that may not be mainstream but is certainly well read. It's the way of the world today. I told my class when we discussed a Deadspin article that made fun of Jose Canseco for sexual performance - NOTHING seems to be off limits anymore. Be ready for that as you go out into the sports world. Unless that stuff was made up, Beadle was actually interviewed on this topic.

So, as I noted earlier on the thread: It's amazing what is news these days. I couldn't even imagine the conversation 25 years ago if I went to an editor and said, "Hey, listen to THIS story I got here!"

Carry on. And if you think this board is so much shit, carry on elsewhere. Please. We'll be all right without you. Honest.

2. Mediator

Mediator Member

The reason these threads are so deletable is that they always seem to turn on whether the male posters in this board want to bang the female in question.

Can you imagine a thread about Lupica, Bill Simmons or even Colin Cowherd with the line:

"He seems like the type of person who realistically could walk up to a gal and say 'I just want to get fucked.'"

Well, maybe Skip Bayless.

3. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I seem to remember a cult developing around Anderson Cooper here a few years ago.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

What does this mean?

5. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Funny, Moddy. I thought the same thing you did. Saw the thread and said, "Oh, no." But, she did an interview about it. So what are you gonna do?

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

YOU LEAVE MY ANDY ALONE!

7. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I was using the analogy because it's what Deadspin, and apparently some of her colleagues, accused her of saying to Aaron Rogers. I was saying that the fact that the rumors are even fathomable, as they wouldn't be in the case of, say, Aaron Rogers, attracts young men in particular to her.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Who's Aaron Rogers?

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Brent Farve's replacement, I think.

10. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Was Beadle's role in the whole Barnaby arrest ever explained?

She strikes me as the type of girl that guys would be friends with because she could talk about sports, but when it was time for the finer pursuits she was left reading the box scores.

12. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Never heard of him.

Draft saved Draft deleted