1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Vick's an Eagle

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Monday Morning Sportswriter, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

FROM
    THE CLINK
    TO THE
    LINC

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

The media has been very desirous that a black Wildcat quarterback do well.

3. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Michael Vick is not a running back. Maybe a receiver, but definitely not a running back. There's no way he has the body to be one. I still think you can play Vick at qb, especially for the Eagles. Plus If McNabb goes down, it would force the Eagles to play the way they should've been playing all along, by giving the ball to Westbrook 30 times a game instead of having McNabb throw 40+ passes every sunday.

4. 93,

I understand your sentiments, but McNabb and Vick are pretty close friends. Like legit friends, plus Vick will absolutely have to be on his best behavior. Plus, every player in the league, pretty much down to a man, wants this dude to get a second chance.

Add those factors up, and I don't think he's nearly the distraction people want to make him out to be.

5. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

It's the sport of kings...
    Better than diamond rings...
    Wildcat...
    football....

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

This long and no post from boost-lite? He must be in bed...

7. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I'm sure that this will barely merit a mention on WIP tomorrow morning.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

His hands are too much of an unknown to even think about being a wideout. Plus the patterns and other techniques of the position. Easier to transition as a running back than a wideout.

Yeah, Vick might still have some skills as a QB. But, last I checked, not only do the Eagles still have Donovan McNabb at the position, but also used a high-round pick for Kevin Kolb pretty recently.

It's a fine line between being too content at a position and letting the parade pass you by and continuing to rock the boat, but this signing is a bad sign toward the latter for the Eagles. Unless Andy Reid and his staff decide to use Vick for purposes other than playing quarterback.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I knew you'd say something right at some point. Vick would get killed lining up as a RB on a regular basis. If you get him moving and get him the ball in the Wildcat, he's got a chance to do some things. But like the "offense" that he's so perfect for, he's nothing more than a gimmick.

10. blacktitleist

blacktitleist Member

No one is happier for Vick than Rick Pitino

11. Sleeper

Sleeper Member

Westbrook, especially at this stage in his career, is never going to last carrying the ball 30 times a game.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Maybe they signed him so no one else in the division would.

Draft saved Draft deleted